Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to you all Mommy's out there!!!

Today I celebrate my 5th mother's day!!! 5 years ago I found out that my husband and I were expecting our first child- Zachary Conner. Ever since my world has been turned upside down: I am sleep deprived, my eyes are bloodshot (all the time!), my house is constantly in need of being cleaned, I STILL am struggling to lose the baby weight from both of my children and well, me time doesn't happen nearly enough... Did that stop me (us really...) from having a second child? No way! Brian, Zachary and I welcomed Alyssa Grace in to the world 17 months ago and I can honestly say I do not regret that decision at all- I have come to terms that my house isn't always going to be spotless (as soon as I clean up the mess- the mess returns), I'm destined to be a night owl with my homework and photography work, I'm never going to get completely "rested" but getting a good amount of sleep helps me to be a more hands-on mommy!
the littlest loves of my life...

I wrote this around Christmas time- My real life Christmas wishlist- I think that it's fitting for mother's day as well... If I could give my kids anything from me this is what I would give them:

Zachary: Zachary Conner is my WORLD. God gave me 2 sensitive and compassionate boys in my life. This little 4 year old boy has been there for me through Brian's deployments, workups, meltdowns and joys. He has saved me from myself so many times and I love him. If I could give Zachary Conner anything it would be more one on one time with mommy. I want to strive this year to go on more mommy dates and to spend more time nurturing his sweet, sincere, compassionate side. I want to teach Zachary many 'things' as he is so smart and excited to learn.

Alyssa Grace: *Wow* This liddy girl... I don't even know where to begin: I get all teary eyed and emotional when I think about my little girl. Goodness... I am so thankful that God chose me to be a mommy to Alyssa Grace. She's a "mini-Manda" and I absolutely love it! She's sweet, silly, talkative and smart, a true momma's girl. She's patient and strong willed! If I could give Alyssa Grace anything I would give her the gift of an un-distracted mommy. At the end of the night when it's just Brian, Alyssa and I it's hard to enjoy having my liddy one up because night time is when I do my homework. This year I give Alyssa the gift of a mommy that prioritorizes her time better so that when the nights come, I'm not stressed and I can give her the one on one attention that she deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment